We’d love to consider your work for inclusion in The Burning Maiden anthology. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We only publish literary fiction, essays and poetry that have a core element of horror or the supernatural.
- For prose, word length should be between 2,000-4,000 words.
- We are a paying market. Because the anthology is published every two years, the flat, one-time story fee will vary. If we select your work for publication, our anthology editor will discuss details with you directly.
- Please do not submit any work unless we explicitly request it.
- The first step is for you to introduce yourself via an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include links to sites and books you may have already published so we may get to know a bit about you and your work.
In addition to the biennial anthology, TheBurningMaiden.com also publishes original content on a regular basis. Here are some things to consider:
- For the online publication, we focus on nonfiction pieces that explore horror or supernatural themes in pop culture, books, music, etc. Literary profiles and essays are two forms we actively seek. We do not consider reviews of any kind.
- Please do not submit any finished work or story pitch unless we explicitly request it. All stories will be solicited and assigned by our staff of editors.
- The online publication is a paying market. All story fees are flat, one-time rates, competitive with the market.
- We assign all stories and pay fees for all pieces on a work-made-for-hire basis. We retain all rights in the work.
- As with the anthology, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving us a sense of your work and where we might find it online.